Mittwoch, Januar 14, 2015

Halftime

Hey guys,

I thought it would be perfect to write this blog post in English because believe it or not it is halftime already. I am here, on the other side of the world, since exactly 5 months now.
5 months ago today I arrived in America. This day, full of joy, exceptions, fear, excitement and many more feelings, feels like yesterday. 

I seriously can't believe that I have reached the middle of my stay in the states. I still can't really realize that I'm living my dream since 5 months now. But this dream is definitely not always perfect and full with happiness. I had times I enjoyed my new life to the fullest but I also had times when I just wanted to be at home with my family and my friends, at least for some hours. I never regretted the decision to do this adventure though because even the times I spend crying in my bedroom and the times I felt alone and lost were worth it. Those times made me stronger and let me enjoy the good times even more.  

In the last few months I experienced a lot, good and bad things.  I'm proud of myself what I achieved in this time and who I become. I'm grateful for all the people I met and all the places I saw. I'm especially grateful to my family and friends back in Germany. And of course, I'm grateful to my new family. These people take me, a total stranger, into their home, give me food and shelter, and in only some weeks they made me feel like a genuine part of their family. 
And I'm really thankful for all my exchange student friends. Those people are living the same dream as I do. We understand each other without words. I literally can say I have a place to sleep almost all over the world.

I'm so happy that I seriously can call this place my home. Now I have two homes and two families. I can't imagine to leave this palce one day and let my family and all my new friends behind me. Even if it is not always easy and I sometimes wish myself back to Germany I don't want to think about the day I have to leave my new "one year life" behind me. 

In the last 5 months I learned so much. I learned to live without the people I love. I learned to be on my own and make descision for myself. I started to appreciate so many things: My parents, true friendship, Germany, our school system and so much more. I learned to handle homesickness and how to speak in a different language other than my native language. I learned to handle disappointments and always to see the positive in everything.

My family and my host family give me the chance to be someone new, but not completely new. I am still a part of the person I was before but I jumped into the ice cold lake, having no idea what to except. I'm growing up and becoming more independent and outgoing. 

If I changed? - Honestly, I don't know. I guess I will recognize and know it for sure when I'm on my way back home.     


I know my English still needs a lot of improvement, so please no judgment. I tried ! :) 

Love,
Emilia 
... und manchmal muss man nur 20 sekunden lang
unglaublich mutig sein. 



- Life is not perfect; it never will be. You just have to make the very best of it and you have to open your heart to what the world can show you. Sometimes it's terrifiying and soemtimes it's incredibly beautiful. And I will take both, thanks-

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen